Attend a workshop
PEP Talk workshops are being held in selected communities in each province. Click on your province to find out if workshops are scheduled in your community.
- Alberta (0 Workshops)
- British Columbia (0 Workshops)
- Manitoba (0 Workshops)
- New Brunswick (0 Workshops)
- Newfoundland (0 Workshops)
- Nova Scotia (Ingonish) (0 Workshops)
- Nova Scotia (Sydney) (0 Workshops)
- Ontario (0 Workshops)
- Prince Edward Island (0 Workshops)
- Québec (0 Workshops)
- Saskatchewan (La Ronge) (0 Workshops)
- Saskatchewan (Pinehouse Lake) (0 Workshops)
In time, we hope to expand the program to Nunavut, the Northwest Territories, and the Yukon.
Why attend a PEP Talk workshop?
Empowerment, healthy feet, and change
Attending a PEP Talk workshop can empower you, help you discover and develop your abilities so you can become the expert on your diabetes and foot care.1 During the workshop, you will be able to:
- Explore your past experience with foot care
- Understand the importance of foot care
- Develop a plan to care for your feet
- Commit to a preventive foot care plan
- Evaluate the changes you have made
By attending a PEP Talk workshop, you can learn how to take charge of your diabetes and live more successfully with it. Share your challenges and successes so you can learn from each other:
- Reduce your risk of having a foot ulcer
- Find foot care resources in your community
- Find educational programs to help you manage your diabetes
- Find wellness programs in your community
When you participate in a PEP Talk workshop, you will receive a workbook, brochure, and foot card that you can take home with you to help you follow up on your foot care plan.
- Funnell MM, Anderson RM. Empowerment and self-management of diabetes. Clin Diabetes 2004;22:123–7.